Monday, October 14, 2013

Semana da conferência geral!

Hello my family how are you all doing! This week was a great week! So first of all how awesome was conference?! It was so awesome! I felt like every message was so inspired and I loved it! Also it was really cool to hear in Portugese the talk from Richard G Scott! He speaks Português and so he recorded the talk in Português! My favorite talk was President Uchtdorf´s talk on the first session. I loved it so much! I think it was maybe one of my favortie talks of all time! So good! I really have a testimony so strong about the prophets! Also I really liked the talk from Adrian Ochoa too! It was really good! I loved when he reinforced that we could always strengthen our testimonys through prayer and study of the scriptures. I think everybody has doubts at one time or another, but those two things have helped me alot, especially here on the misison. I feel like alot of talks this conference were towards people who have doubts, and it was awesome to hear the words of the prophets of what we should do. 

Anyways so I felt so awesome after the conference! On the Saturday sesison, Aurici, our almost deaf friend, went to the conference! We were fariad that he wouldnt be able to hear, and we tried to find ways to help him but we couldnt find anything! I said a prayer that he would be able to hear, and he heard!! It was so cool because I can tell when he can hear and when he cant by his facial expresisons but he looked like he was hearing everything! He said that he heard almost everything too! It was awesome, I think he liked it alot! Him and his wife Niara are doing so well and I think they will be baptized next saturday! I hope so! Niara is so ready! Aurici is a little less sprepared, but we are going to help him the best we can!

So other then that nothing really new happened this week! We did a billion contacts trying to find more people to teach, and we found a few that lookd like they have potential! I hope we can help them! I love watching how happy people can become through the gospel! 

Anddddd sadly, the bishop decided to shut the group down... Not because of us, because we are doing our best to find more people to teach, to strengethen the members and all that, but the members arent doing anything to help the group, so he is going to close the group for a while until the members start to get more involved! Im pretty sad, but I think it will be better for everybody. So next Sunday will be the first Sunday in months that I will have sacrament meeting in the chapel in Jardim!

Anyways, I love you all! I hope you are well and have a great week! Im so grateful to have a family like you all! Thanks for all you do! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment