Monday, November 17, 2014

November 10th, 2014

Hey everybody so this week was just a really great week. Wow. I loveeee this area there are so many miracles that are happeneing. Some really cool stuff happened! First of all, today was transfer day, but I will stay here with Elder H. Silva in Cachoeira! I am super excited, we are seeing some big miracles here. And my comp is one of my favorites, so it should be cool! Im happy.

Also, Im not sick anymore, I got better, actually it was a huge blessing that we found out before it got worse, because I got it treated and only lost 2 days of work. But this week I worked all week and felt fine, so there are no worries there!

Anyways first order of business! The baptism of João Pedro, and Elaine!! Wow it was so special. I love them so much. It was such a great experience because they were two people that when we met them, they said they had very little faith in Christ, and didn´t believe very much. And for the first few months they didnt believe. What made all the difference is that they were willing to try. Even though they didnt believe, they read the book of Mormon. Even though they didnt believe, they prayed. Even though they didnt believe, they kept the word of Wisdom. And then, AFTER the trial of their faith, they were blessed with a testimony, and that made all the difference. Its exactly what it says in Alma 32!

So the batpism was great, I baptized Elaine, and Elder H. Silva baptized João Pedro. Very cool. The Lord is really blessing us here. I understand that these miracles are not happening because of me, but really the Lord is helping us here in the little city.

This week a cool little experience happened! So we have this richer part of our area that we dont work in normally because there is nobody home in the afternoon, because everyone is at work, but this week we decided to give it a shot. The first day we ended up walking in the sun for like 4 hours without going inside one house, but we were able to get some adresses to visit. But then a few days after we tried to visit the people that we met on the first day, and nobody let us in again. SO then we tried one more time on Saturaday because we just knew that somebody would let us in! So we tried again. Then on the last door, finally somebody was home and let us in! And turns out, the dad of the family is a member of the church that is less active because he worked alot and slowly left the church, but still has a testimony. The mom, is from Fortaleza (a city in the north of Brasil) and they were talking this week about finding a church to follow. The dad had mentioned our church, and then a few days later we arrived! Very cool! The mom, Daniela, never heard from the misisonaries, and loved our visit. And she is so humble and will definately get an answer. It was a great experience.

Anyways I love being a missionary. I love being here. I love my misison. It will officially end on the 28th of January. Its crazy, but I am excited too.

Congrats on the deer, it looks like you guiys had lots of fun on the hunt! I hope everybody at home is happy! I love you all! Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment