Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 5th, 2014

Hello everybody! I hope you are all doing well! This week in Canguçu was great and full of hard work! I am so so so excited to talk to you all next wek! I am going to need the information to call again like the log in and whatnot! But yeah I am very excited! I think I will probably call around 3 or 4 o clock my time, but Im not sure yet! I need to find somewhere that I can call!

But so something really cool that happened this week was that awesomeeee! We started the marriage process for Danilo and Milene!!! So here in Brasil the process for marriage is very hard, and after starting the process, we have to wait 30 days. And its pretty expensive too. But President Castro is a judge and made a form that allows people to get married for free, and so on Wednesday we went there and presented the form! Andddd the people in the office didnt want to accept the form and whatnot, and then tried to make the process so complicated and whatnot, and so yeha we ended up leaving prettyy dissapointed because we didnt manage to. And then I had the thought.... why dont I just offer to pay!.... And so we went in and I decided to offer to pay the price. The lady that was helping us completely changed. She went from a stubborn governement worker, to a sweet old lady that tried to help us do everything. And in the end, even though we didnt get the wedding for free, she ended up giving us a hugeeeeee discount and made it 50 reais, which is like 22 dollars, which I split with Elder Moraes to pay! SO it was soooooooooooo cool! And they will officially be married on the 30th of May, which will also be their baptism date!

Me and Elder Moraes have been working super hard to find more people to teach and we have found some people, but I have the feeling that alot of them just let us in to be nice and not because they are interested. But I believe that because of our efforts the Lord will bless us. In fact yesterday one of these blessings came yesterday with a man named Luis. He has visited the church a few times because a member invited him, and he liked it, he just never wanted to have the missionaries visit him. But yesterday I was teaching Gospel principles, and he was paygin extra attention, and then in sacrament meeting (which is the last hour instead of the first here in Brasil) and he shared his testimony that he feels like its all true. And then HE invited us to meet with him on thursday this week! How cool huh?

But yeah so that was pretty much it for this week! We are working hard, and Elder Moraes is learning great. He is a great misisonary and works hard and is always so enthusiastic! But yeah, I love you and cant wait to talk to you on Mothers Day! Have a great week everybody!!! And in this picture, its me and a member named Gilnei with the churrasco that he made us!!!! It was so good... :)

ps! Connor... that picture is so funny hahahahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment