Monday, July 15, 2013

20th birthday!

Hello my family! I hope you all had a great week!! My week was a very good week here in Brazil! But first, Jonathan and Natalie, it looks like you ahd alot of fun at Bear World. Haha I didnt know that place existed... but it looks awesome! Connor, mom says you are doing very well at volleyball, congratulations! Keep up the good work!! I loved the Birthday video so much!!! Thank you so much!!!:)

Anyways this week was soooo cool. We got to baptize Neiva this week! We moved her baptism forward because this happened...

We have been teaching her, her daughter, and her granddaughter, and they are all super super great people. Her daughter, Nara is awesome, but smokes alot, drinks, and did some pretty heavy drugs in the past. Anyways, we got a call from Neiva that Nara was having medical problems, and the next day we went over and found out she was having seizures during the night. Poor Neiva, barely slept and was super sad. We explained that after baptism the Holy Ghost helps to comfort people, and as we were teaching Nara had another seizure!!! We ran in there and gave her a blessing and she stopped!!! She hasnt had a seizure since! (What a miracle, honestly I love that I get to see so many miracles!). But Neiva was pretty upset, and we asked if she would want to be baptized on the 13 so that she could have the Holy Ghost comfort her, and she became extremellllllly excited and said yes!!!! 

So Elder Menezes baptized her this Saturday, and she was so happy. She said thank you my sons for showing me the truth, and it made me feel amazing! The next day on my birthday, I gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost, and she satrted to cry becasue she felt so happy. Ahhhh she is amazing!!! And we are teaching her grandaughter who wants to be baptized on Saturday, but we need to talk to her mom!

So that was awesome, about Oscar, we found out that he really has no intention of coming to church or anything about God... He lied to us about stopping smoking, and so that kinda stunk. He was awesome. But we can only invite as missionaries, we cant force him. Pretty sad. But yeah.

About Regiane, she told us last week that she didnt want to go to church anymore. We didnt know why, and I was pretty upset, but this week we talked to her and found out that she still wants to go and knows that its true, but her husband doenst want her to go. We are going to work with him and help her to come to church! 

Oh I almost forgot! We started teaching an English class!!! We talked to this school, and now we are filling in for an actual professor haha... Theyll let anybody be a professor here... haha but yeah!! Super cool! We only do it once a week, but so far so good!

Anyways, yesterday for my birthday we woke up and had a mini party, and Elder Wilkinson gave me a piece of leftover pizza which was an amazing gift! We went to church and at night we had dinner with Jean and Bianca, the second counselor to the bishop that is super awesome! Every Sunday night we have dinner with him, but he gave me a pair of Grêmio (a soccor team) socks and my friend Lucian that is leaving on his mission on Thursday gave me a little Rio Grande do Sul case to wear on my belt for money and things like that! But anyways thats my week! I hope you all are well! Thanks for everything!!!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment