Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 16th, 2013

Hello everybody!! So this was the first week of the transfer and it was awesome! My new companion is Elder Mendes, and he is from Santa Catarina, but lived in Utah for six months studying English! He is way way cool! We get along great, and he is a super hard worker! We are going to work some miracles here in the area! So as my title shows, I have been in an all out war with the mosquitos. Its getting pretty warm here, and so the mosquito race is growing at an increasing rate. So last night I went all out, and built a fort around my bed of blankets to protect myself, and put a shirt over my head and socks on my hands to proect myself... but I was outsmarted by the little critters.... Today I will buy some weapons to destroy their race... bug spray... yeah, Im going all out!

So this week was actually really really awesome with Elder Mendes! I am feeling the Spirit so strong when I terasch with him! Yesterday I had the experience of teaching a lesson about the word of wisdom, and I really felt that the Spirit put words in my mouth of what I should have said.; It was REALLY cool, because the guy had some big doughts, but because of that spirit he ended up accepting it and wanting to live it!! So that was awesome!

Yesterday, a miracle happened! So we jsut ended church and we were walking to our apartment to put our suits in our apartment, and a lady walked up to us and said, "Can I talk to you?" So we started talking and she said that she has been going to a christian church for a long time, but felt like there was so much more that she was missing. She said that a friend had given her a book of mormon, and when she read it, she felt so much peace, and started being able to sleep again (she was having insomnia)! And then she said... "So I want to follow this religion... how can I?" Thats like candy for a missionaries ears!!! It was such a miracle! As she was talking I just had such a strong feeling in my chest that was the spirit, and AHHHH! I love being a misisonary! Her name is Jovelina, and we are going to start teaching her this week!

We also have two guys we are teaching that are going to be baptized next week! They are named Claudio and Marcelo! What happened was a while ago, I talked to Claudio on the road, and invited him for church! He ended up going a few weeks later, and brought his son Marcelo, who has 30 years. They ahve gone to church the last 4 Sundays and are loving it, and are friends with a bunch of people in the ward already! They are super super super smart guys, but love the church because it accepts science and religion! They are so so cool, and next Saturday is their baptism! They are very excited for it!!!

So yeah! As for skype, I will be calling 3 O CLOCK MY TIME!!!!!! I dont know for sure what it is your time, but yeah! Be sure to send me the user name and stuff to call!!! But thats just about it I think! It was an awesome awesome week! I love you all, keep being awesome!

PS These pictures are from a few weeks ago I just never had the chance to send them!
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment