Thursday, October 9, 2014

September 22nd, 2014

everybody so this last week was really gratifying and great and wonderful. For a few reasons, but I will tell you in a second. First of all there is the big news that Elder Hiatt was transfered and will go to Pelotas sadly. He was a great comp, Im going to miss him. My new companion will be Elder H. Silva, and I dont know him very well, but I know that he is from São Paulo! So tomorrow I am going to Porto Alegre and I will meet him!

So this week was really great. On Friday Lucas was baptized!!! It was so great, he has 13 years, and is just such a great kid. I love him. He walks to church every Sunday with a member that lives close to him, and he has been going to church solid for the last 3 months! The service was on Friday night, and sadly just 3 members came and Lucas´mom and aunt, but even so, it was just a great experience. He picked me to baptize him, and he was jsut so happy! I was so happy that day too! When we were walking to the church to start filling up the baptismal font, he was outside his house playing soccor, and he told us that it was going to be the best day of his life, and it was jsut great. I had an old watch that I bought at a flea market, and I got his name engraved on the back, and gave it to him as a present and he loveeeeed it. He is such a humble great kid and man I love him.

Sadly Karina told us yesterday that she cant keep meeting with us, because her mom doenst like us... so I was pretty sad. Her mom says that she supports Karinas baptism to us, but behind our back she fights with Karina about it, even though Karina is already 19, she doesnt want to cause a fight in the family, which is true. She said that when she moves out she will find the misisonaries and go to church again. But I am going this Wednesday to talk to her mom one last time just to see if a miracle happens.

And Luis and LIzara are great. They have alot of family problems, but are really excited for their baptism this week! It wil be this Saturday and I am so excited! They are great people, and I know taht this gospel will bless their family and give them strength!


As for me, I, am happy. I am one happy camper here in Cachoeira. There are alot of good thigns happeneing here. I love being a missionary.

Also we went to the Zoo and saw some cool birds this week! Haha and there are some pics from Gaúcho day! Love you all!























No comments:

Post a Comment