Monday, December 29, 2014

December 22nd, 2014

Hello everybody Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy Christmas here in a few days! I am so excited to be able to talk to you guys again! I miss you guys a ton. Um I still dont know for sure when I will call... Tomorrow around 2:30 or 3 my time I might call and test out the skype and then we can work out the details about when I will call on Christmas!

This was my first week in the Restinga in Porto Alegre and it was pretty great. The area looks like there is alot of potential, I am kinda sad that I wont be staying here for alot of time, because it seems like a great area to work. I am serving in the ward "Nilow Wulff" and it is very small, actually its the same size as Canguçu, with only 20 members active. There is alottttt of room for improvement!

The people here in Porto Alegre are alot diferent then the other cities that I have served in. In the other cities (especially Canguçu and Cachoeira) it seems like the people were so reswerved, but here in Porto Alegre everybody loves to talk and most of the people let us in to teach!


Um, lets see I dont knowwww the investigators too well to be able to writeee about them yet, but I think this week we may have a baptism of a girl named Paloma. She has been going to church for a long time, and just hasnt been baptized because her parents wont allow it, and she only has 16 years. We are going to fast and pray that they allow it and if they do, we will have a baptism this Sautday it should be cool!

Um and this week we had our Christmas conference and it was good, but nothing compares to a Christmas at home. I miss Christmas with the family, but its okay because I am just going to have to make the best of these last 5 weeks I have here on the mission! I am excited, lots of good things are going to happen in this period.

But I am happy, I am working hard, and love being a misisonary every single day. It seems like every day it only gets better!! Andddd Im pretty sure my Portuguese is like the best it will get, because when I got here in the ward, they asked me if I was Brazilian. Yeah, Im like six feet tall, blonde, green eyes, and they thought I was Brazilian... It made me happy haha....

But yeah, anways for those of you who are curious to see my apartment... dad.... haha its Rua Nilow Wulff 300 I think, bairro Restinga, Porto Alegre. I live in the apartments with a yellow stripe. Yup, buttttttttt até mais!

1. Me, Elder Marcato (ex comp) and Elder Mendes (ex comp)
2. Me, Elder Menezes (Brazil treiner) (examine our unique style of our hands...)
3. Me and Santa
4. Me Elder H. Silva, and Maicon (recém converso) at a pizza place before I left Cachoeira)
5. Us eating some pizza with Maicon and Andreza
6. Me and Lucas (recent convert from Cachoeira)







No comments:

Post a Comment