Monday, December 15, 2014

November 24th, 2014

Hello everybody I hope you all are well! I miss you guys a ton, and am very excited to be able to talk to you in a few weeks for Christmas! It should be very cool!

This week was a great week of work here in Cachoeira! We are really trying our best to work hard, and sometimes to our dissapointment, the results dont always come how they are planned, but at least we are happy as we are working! That is a great blessing, when we work we are happy.

Yesterday was stake conference, (actually district conference because here doesnt have a stake) and it was great! It was actuall funny because the first speaker was a Peruvian, the second was Japonese, the thirdand forth were American, the fifth was Uruguayan, and the last speaker was the only Brazilian that spoke! It was funny. President Castro spoke and it was really super great. In one of the sessions they asked Maicon, our recent convert, to bear his testimony, and it was the strongest thing ever. EVERYBODY in the conference was commenting about his testimony afterwards, really it was such a special moment for me.

I dont remember if I told you about the family of Luziane, but its a family that we have been teachig for a few weeks that is going to church and learning so much. What is really amazing is how fast the people learn after going to church. It seems like they learn and accept everything so much easier after going to church! I am very excited for them, it looks like their family will be baptized in a few weeks!

Also a miracle happeded last week that I didnt include in my email. A long time ago we were teaching a guy named Vangli, who is super cool, but never went to church and never stopped smoking, and so we didnt visit him for a long time. Last week we got a phone call late at night that he stopped smoking and wanted to be baptized! And, it was a direct answer to a fast that we did! It was such a special blessing! So he has a baptismal date for Dezember 5th! I am super excited!

But yeah, so there are a bunch of blessings here in Cachoeira. I love it. I am excited for Thanksgiving, even though I probably wont eat turkey... I will be in Porto Alegre Thursday and Friday for a specail conference with the 70 of the area Brasil Elder Moroni Torgan! I am excited, it should be really cool!

Anyways I love you all! Attached is a picture of me eating churrasco with Daniela and Junior from last week that I frogot to send! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment